Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What do you think about WikiLeaks?

I had been going to post an offshoot of my Toxic People post from yesterday, but with all the crazy WikiLeaks crap going on, I'm going to give my 2 cents. 

I think that the principal behind the idea of WikiLeaks is a great thing.  Governments should not hide as much as they do from us.  I don't like being lied to by my government.  I think it's great that people feel that they can really stand up to that.

That said, the world stage is shaky enough right now.  Iraq, Afghanistan, now the Koreas?  What next?  I heard on the news the other day that because of the Armistice, Canada will pretty much be obligated to go over there if there is a war.  I don't want that, not with my brother wanting to join the army.  Beyond that, there is no place in a civilized world for war.  It's times like this when I wish I knew a spell that would smack people upside the head and tell them, "What the EFF are you doing?!"

I think the best we can do is hope that governments around the world do a decent job of damage control.  That's doesn't often happen, but we can hope, right?  The last thing we need is for some crazy over-confidant dictator to get a hold of sensitive information and think they can finally attack the world.

Did you know that November 17th was World Peace Day?  How many of us knew, or observed it if we did?  The make every day Earth Day campaign is great, but the earth will heal itself after we've all killed ourselves off.  I think we need to make a "Everyday is World Peace Day" campaign, and place greater importance on that.  Once we quit fighting each other, we can work together fighting what we've done to our plant. 

I realize that I kind of went off on a tangent here.  My original point, what do you think of WikiLeaks?  Do you agree with what they are doing, or do you think they are only making an unsteady world that much more shaky?  Do you think WikiLeaks could do something better, or different?  What's your opinions?

Hoping for less craziness,

Goddess Bless

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment