Monday, December 20, 2010

'Twas the day before Yule

Since it is the day before Yule, I'm not going to make a big long post today.  Sean is unfortunately working the late shift, he won't be home until about 8:30 tonight.  I thought I would post a couple of links, and some other random stuff.  I don't feel like working too hard today!

In my Homemade Yule - Part Three post, I mention a recipe for Vanilla Pudding Pumpkin Pie.  Here is the link to the recipe which was my inspiration, on Recipes Wikia.  I'm only tweaking the recipe a little bit, and I'm definitely adding the cream cheese!  This Yule and Christmas season is Sean's Last Hurrah before settling into this low fat, can't-eat-anything-he-wants diet.  I'm trying to convince him that eating healthy doesn't have to be gross like it was in the 90's, but so far to no avail.

I also wanted to post my Yule Log recipe!  Not a cookie, not a jelly roll style cake.

It's a ridiculously easy recipe.

1 cup coconut
½ cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp corn syrup

Mix all ingredients together.  Roll into a log.  Roll in some extra coconut.  Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.  Slice thin to serve.

Can it get any easier?!  Seriously.  You make this now, and it will be ready in a couple of hours.  It needs to firm up a bit.  My brother loved this stuff the last year I made it.  It tastes amazing, ambrosial almost!  

I'm still debating on advertising, for those who remember that post.  I'm also thinking of starting an Etsy site.  The advertising I would be doing would be along the lines of that at The Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom site.  Nothing crazy like the Ad-sense.  It works for some people, I'm sure.  I don't want that kind of thing on my site, though.  Let me know what you think of my ideas! 

Also, some of you may have noticed that the links to other blogs further down the page are gone.  Well, they aren't actually gone.  They've moved to a separate blog roll page, hopefully still easy enough to find!  If anyone finds a dead link on my site, please tell me.  Also, I have in the past month realized that my Contact form was broken, it is now fixed as well.

Well, I think that's all I'm going to say for the day.  I'm off to make pie.  Also, some more peanut brittle, because we ate a lot of it.  I do seem to remember promising to share the peanut brittle recipe, so here it is!  Peanut Brittle in the microwave.  Easy as anything you've ever tried, not easy to find a recipe that actually works though.  This one does.  

Hope everyone has a great day!  Take it easy, and catch a nap if you're planning on watching the eclipse tonight!!

Goddess Bless,

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment