Monday, February 21, 2011

The effects of Modern "Magic"

I'm happy to say that I got a full nights sleep last night, as did everyone else in the house!  Yes, baby included.  I wish I could say that it was due to the amethyst sleep spell I posted, but I can't.  I was going to go buy an amethyst for it tonight.

No, this is due to the magic of children's Advil.  Now that I'm thinking on it, can one consecrate Advil?  Regardless, I digress.  We discovered, or rather, Brianna told me, that she was teething.

Brianna: *Points at teeth* "Me! Me! Me!"

Myself: "Do you're teeth hurt?"

Brianna: "Me!"

Myself: "Does Brianna's legs hurt?"  (I had to ask control questions...haha)

Brianna: *shakes her head, points at teeth*

Myself: "Does Brianna's tummy hurt?"

Brianna: *shakes her head, points at teeth*

Myself: "Does Brianna's teeth hurt?"

Brianna:  *nods head, points at teeth* "Me! Me! Me!"

That was the night before last.  It's not just any teething, either.  It's her eyeteeth.  So at that I gave her the Advil.  She still didn't go to sleep until 6am that day or I guess yesterday?  So last night we gave her Advil right before bed, so it would kick in an hour or so later.  And we all got to sleep through the night!

If you aren't a parent, you won't understand that.  Heck, I even have trouble understanding it.  How can we be so excited about getting to sleep through the night?  It's one of those things where, as a parent, you have to celebrate. 

So our plan now is to give her Advil before bed again tonight, and then no Advil the next night.  We don't want to over medicate her, but it's so important that she get a full nights sleep too.  This is the first morning in almost a week that she doesn't have huge bags under her eyes. 

Hopefully over the next couple of days I'll be able to get into town and pick up some teething tablets at the health food store for her.  Until then, nice cool grapes always make her feel better!  Not only are they a healing fruit, she just loves her grapes! 

Somehow, through a mixture of Magick and Magic, we'll hopefully go back to sleeping through the night on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment