Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Teething Magick

In relation to yesterdays post, I want to share some ideas on things you can do Magickally to help a child with teething.  We don't want to have to keep giving Brianna more Advil, and almost every parent out there is worried about over medicating their children.

Agate from Dragonmoon Gifts
Both coral and agate can be a great help.  You can let the child wear a necklace of coral or agate or both, but at this age they are as likely to eat it as wear it.  It's much easier to place it under their bed or put it in a little bag for them to carry around.

Another thing that can help is a weak chamomile tea.  Not only will it help relax the child, but has a very slight numbing effect that will help the pain as well.

You can also buy natural teething tablets from health food stores.  If you are handy in the kitchen, you can always make your own, too!  I have to admit though, this is one area where I don't have luck.  I can do pretty much anything in the kitchen, from baking bread to making candy.  The two things I can't do at all?  Make teething biscuits (I've tried!!) and cook fish.  Yes, fish.  I can't do it.  I don't know why.  There is something about me that just will not let me cook fish, it stays undercooked no matter what.  But that could be another post entirely.  Something that you could do instead of teething biscuits is buy or make biscotti!  This one is on my list, I think I'll have more luck with it.

Something that you can do with food is include a lot of basil and parsley.  Both of these help take swelling down.  There is going to be a lot of Italian in our future!  Also, grapes have wonderful lunar healing properties, which is definitely what you want here.  Half a cup of grapes once a day works wonders for teeth.  Garlic works well too, but it can be hard for little stomachs to handle that.

Is there anything else you use?

Goddess Bless,

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment