Saturday, January 28, 2012

SOPA's Canadian Cousin

Especially for my Canadian readers;

Recently we all witnessed - and some participated - in the fights our American friends were waging against SOPA and PIPA.  What most Canadians don't know is that Bill C-11, currently about to come before the House of Commons (again), is backed by the same "people" (corporations are people too!  /snark/) who backed SOPA, and is based on similar US laws.

I'll admit that I don't truly know enough to write about it well, but other people do:

From Michael Geist:  The Behind-the-Scenes Campaign to Bring SOPA to Canada

From Chase Kell @ Yahoo:  Bill C-11 could bring SOPA-like online piracy laws to Canada

Just because I don't know enough to write about something doesn't mean I can't share - and it doesn't mean you can't either.  Share the HECK out of this.  I don't care if you share my post or not.  Share an article.  Tell people.  Go to Google, search Bill C-11, click News on the left column of Google, then look and share those articles.

We Canadians are notorious for political apathy, which is why the Conservative government and Stephen Harper are still in charge.  The Conservatives have managed (somehow) to do some great things, but this will not be one of them.

For my American readers, especially my blogging friends:

Please share this, or an article about this.  You never know how many Canadian readers you have, especially on your Facebook pages.  This needs to be stopped sooner rather than later - and we don't have a lot of time.

Goddess Bless,
Stacy


1 comment:

  1. Thank You Stacy ! my brother is in prison in QC and the system is already so messed up this bill will make it so much worse . my mother has been involved with restorative justice for many yrs now . he is being transferred vaback to wpg. thankfully so we can have better access to him now .

    ReplyDelete