Monday, February 13, 2012

A post in which (*sigh*) I sort of ruin Valentine's Day

So, Sunday evening.  Sean and I are talking while each doing our own thing.  After a few minutes of easy silence, he says, "What are our finances like right now?"

My first reaction, of course, is panic.

"Why?  What happened?  What broke?  Did something happen with the car?"

"No," He says.  "Why can't I know?"

"I mean, I like when you actually show an interest in finances," I say.  "I just get worried when it's out of the blue."

"Honey..." He says with a sigh.  "Tuesday."

"Tuesday?  Is this about your prescription getting filled?  We can afford that.  Or your blood work?"

"What else is Tuesday?" He asks, a little more exasperated now.

"Our date night?"

"VALENTINES.  Tuesday is VALENTINES."

"Oh.  OH!  Ohh..."

Yeah.  So then he spouted off about how hard it was to ever surprise me with anything.  We had a good laugh about it, and I assured him that I would forget about it by then since I forgot it was even coming.  Which was a fib, because since he is planning on doing something for me I want to do something for him, which requires me thinking about it.

So that is how I sort of ruined Valentine's Day.

Goddess Bless,
Stacy


1 comment:

  1. Poor Sean! I've been in that conversation several times, on both sides.

    ReplyDelete